- Roughly mince salmon with a knife (it should hold together when squeezed into a ball).
- Mix salmon with all remaining burger ingredients (except sesame seeds).
- Shape into patties, coat in sesame seeds and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Fry patties in oil until golden and almost cooked through (this prevents them from being dry).
- Mix all slaw ingredients together. Dress with orange and lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix mayonnaise, horseradish and capers together and spread on burger buns.
- Pile lettuce and patties onto buns and top with slaw. Serve.
Replace salmon with any other firm white fish that’s sustainable.
Burger buns and butter lettuce.