- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Score duck fat with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern.
- Heat a heavy pan over medium heat. Cook duck breast skin side down until fat has rendered and skin is crisp.
- Flip breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Roast duck breast in the oven to 7-8 minutes until medium-rare (55°C). Remove and rest in a warm place.
- Drain fat from pan and add all sauce ingredients (except oranges), simmer until sauce reaches a syrupy consistency. Add orange segments and allow to heat through.
- Slice duck and place on a platter with bok choy.
- Spoon over oranges and sauce. Serve scattered with sesame seeds.
Reserve the duck fat to use later to roast potatoes.
Steamed bok choy or rice. Toasted sesame seed.