- Preheat oven to 160°C. Butter and flour a deep 25cm ring/bunt cake pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Tip in the yoghurt, sour cream, lemon juice, zest and vanilla and beat well.
- Fold through the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool cake on a rack.
- Mix the drizzle ingredients in a large bowl adding just enough water to make a thick icing with a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cake with icing. Serve.
To make candied lemon slices: Simmer slices of lemon in a sugar syrup (1 cup sugar to ½ cup water) for 15-20 minutes until translucent. Remove and dry on baking paper. Once dry use as is or dust in castor sugar and store in an airtight container.