Red lentil mandarin and coconut dhal with citrus sambal Tomato, fennel and orange soup
- Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and lemon peel in a splash of oil until soft. Cool slightly.
- Place all the remaining fish cake ingredients (except the coconut) in a food processor and pulse until it just comes together.
- Season mixture well and shape into balls.
- Dust balls in coconut.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together.
- Shallow-fry fishcakes in oil until golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen towel.
- Scatter with herbs and serve with lemon wedges and dipping sauce and salad.